A Solid Criminal Defense Strategy
Every day in the Foley area and southwest Alabama, criminal accusations are made against good people that can place their futures in doubt. You need to realize that anyone can make a mistake — that includes a law enforcement officer.
What do you do after being charged with a crime? Do not wait. Take action to learn what you are up against.
Foley-based criminal defense attorney James M. Burns can help. Starting with a candid assessment of your situation, he will hear you out on what happened and explore every option for obtaining an acquittal, case dismissal or manageable consequences.
How Does He Start To Build Your Defense?
Applying many years of experience in Florida and Alabama courts, attorney James M. Burns will complete an independent investigation and case review to answer important questions. Some of these include: What can the authorities prove? Was evidence against you obtained illegally?
Results In State Or Federal Court
Attorney James M. Burns has defended people just like you against misdemeanor and felony charges such as:
- - Assault and battery or other allegations of violent criminal acts, including those charged as domestic violence
- - Drug crimes ranging from possession of marijuana to intent to deliver or trafficking charges involving controlled substances such as cocaine, heroin and prescription painkillers
- - Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI) — a common offense with consequences that can go far beyond driver's license suspension and substantial fines
- -Theft crimes ranging from retail theft to burglary and robbery
- - Weapons charges, including illegal possession or discharge of a firearm
- - Sex Offenses
- - Arson Charges
- - Federal Charges
- - Misdemeanor Charges
- - Minor In Possession
- - Probation Violation Charges (POV)
- - Sealing Or Expunging A Criminal Record
I loved that my attorney is professional and well knowledgeable in his field. Best part of this this experience was that he was affordable. A great lawyer that will work with you and fight for you is what you need when going against the state, dont be mislead by other lawyers who take your money and make no time for you. My thanks goes out to Mr. James Burns for his hard work and dedication to my case. -Micheal
Attorneys at Law - Justice in Hands
Can you keep a criminal charge from negatively affecting your job prospects, educational opportunities and reputation in the community? It depends on the unique facts at play. But he'll fight to reach the best possible resolution, whether through a negotiated plea or skilled advocacy in the courtroom.
Get A Tough Lawyer On Your Side
To protect your future or the future of a loved one, get reliable information and guidance. Scheduling a free initial consultation is the first step.
Call James M. Burns & Associates at (850) 457-6002 or send him a message now.